Corn with Cream Cheese is rich and creamy; you can make it in your crockpot. This tasty side dish is not only easy to make, but it is also full of taste.
This recipe will quickly become a favorite, whether you’re making it for a family dinner or a big party. This article, will explain recipe for corn with cream cheese in crock pot.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick And Easy: I love easy slow cooker meals where I can put everything in the crockpot and let it do the rest. One of those recipes is this one! I’ve even put together the cheesy corn for the slow cooker ahead of time, put it in the fridge, and then put it on the slow cooker a couple of hours before dinner. Recipes that I can make in advance make my life so much easier.
- Smooth And cheesy: This dish of corn and cheese is rich and delicious. It’s different from creamed corn because it has cheese and cream cheese.
- Crowd Pleaser: I’ve made easy side dishes for weeknight dinners, dinners with guests, special occasions, and to feed many people. Everyone always loves it and wants to know how to make it.
- Recipe for a slow cooker: If you make corn casserole in a crockpot, you don’t have to take up room in the oven to bake it, which is a big deal for a holiday meal.
- 4 cups of corn kernels, either frozen or from a can (about 4 cans, drained)
- 8 ounces of chopped cream cheese
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of fresh butter
- a half-cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar crystals
- 1/2 pinch of salt
- 1/4 milligram of black pepper
- For a finish, you can add chopped fresh parsley or chives.
Recipe For Corn With Cream Cheese In Crock Pot
In the crockpot, you can make a creamy comfort dish with corn and cream cheese. Mix together the corn, cream cheese, butter, and seasonings. Here are the steps:
1. Prepare The Ingredients
Start by cutting the butter and cream cheese into small cubes. This will make it easy for them to melt at the same rate in the crockpot.
2. Mix The Corn And The Milk
Put the corn kernels in the slow cooker after they have been thawed or cleaned.
3. Add Butter And Cream Cheese
Spread the cream cheese cubes and butter pieces on top of the corn.
4. Put Together The Cream Mix
Mix the milk, heavy cream, sugar, salt, and black pepper in a bowl that can go in the microwave. Make sure the sugar is melted by giving it a good stir.
5. Warm Up The Cream Mix
The milk and cream mixture needs about 1 to 2 minutes in the microwave to get warm but not hot. Stir once more to make sure everything is mixed well.
6. Pour On Corn And Cream Cheese
Put the warm milk and cream mixture, corn, cream cheese, and butter in the slow cooker.
7. How To Cook In A Slow Cooker
Set the crockpot to low heat and cover it with the lid. Give it two to three hours to cook. The goal is to let the cream cheese and butter melt while the corn heats up.
8. Stir Once In A While
Stir the mixture now and then while it’s cooking. This ensures that the cream cheese and butter are spread out evenly and the texture is smooth.
9. Stay Warm (Optional)
Once everything is mixed well and the corn is hot, you can set the crockpot to warm if you don’t serve it immediately. Stir it every so often to keep it from sticking and to keep the smooth texture.
10. Taste And Change The Seasonings
Before you serve the creamy corn, taste it and, if you need to, change the spices. Depending on what you like, you can add more salt or pepper.
11. Serve And Decorate
Put the creamy corn and cream cheese in a dish to serve. If you want to add color and flavor, sprinkle chopped fresh parsley or chives on top.
Serve your creamy corn with cream cheese hot as a delicious side dish for holidays, family parties, or any meal where you want a comforting and creamy vegetable side. Your guests will love it for sure!
I do love slow cooker creamy corn made without any of the extras! It’s rich, smooth, and easy to make. But I’m not against making it my own to spice it up. You can make it spicy, filling, or anything else you want!
- Spicy: Add jarred peppers to kick up the heat! Also tasty is pepper jack cheese.
- Cheese: Sprinkle extra cheese over the dish during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Refrain from stirring if you want the cheese on top to be gooey.
- Parmesan Cheese: Adding parmesan cheese gives it a Mexican corn dish vibe.
- Meaty: To make it hearty, add diced ham or crumbled bacon. You can’t ever go wrong with bacon!
- Onions: Add green onions to the top of the dish just before serving
- Red Peppers: Diced bell peppers add a pretty pop of red!
Here are some additional tips to help you make the perfect creamy corn with cream cheese in a crockpot:
- Choose Quality Ingredients: Use good-quality frozen or canned corn, and opt for real butter and cream cheese for the best flavor.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Allow the cream cheese and butter to come to room temperature before adding them to the crockpot. This will help them melt more smoothly.
- Prevent Sticking: Mix the ingredients every so often while they are cooking so the cream cheese doesn’t stick to the sides or bottom of the crockpot.
- Customize the Seasoning: Adjust the salt, sugar, and pepper to suit your preferences. Some people prefer slightly sweeter or savory creamy corn, so taste and change as needed.
- Add Variations: Get creative by adding other ingredients such as chopped green onions, cooked and crumbled bacon, or shredded cheddar cheese for extra taste and texture.
- Cooking Time: The cooking time may vary slightly based on your crockpot’s temperature settings. Keep an eye on the corn; when the cream cheese and butter have melted and the corn is hot, it’s ready.
Treat your taste buds to the creamy and delicious goodness of Corn with Cream Cheese in a crockpot – a simple yet impressive side dish that’s great for any meal.